From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Joe
Subich, W4TV
Sent: sabato, 22. agosto 2015 01:37
To: Elecraft Reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Microham Station Master Inhibit -> K3 ?

> Then why do I measure 12V in "rest state", when no switching occurs?
> Isn't it the other way around ? (I can't test it right now)

No, High is the at rest state - Inhibit line is pulled low *after* PTT - the
time delay is set in the PTT & Sequencer settings.

> PA PTT is currently given by an MK2R+ so SM PTT doesn't apply; but if
> SM would set INH during tuning the K3 wouldn’t TX

PTT and PA PTT in MK2R+ are coupled to PTT in SM via iLINK.  SM KEYOUT (on PA
Port) and MK2R+ PA PTT are the same (logical) signal.  PA PTT and KEYOUT are
inhibited (blocked) if SteppIR is tuning independent of any use of the inhibit
output.  Since Icom and Kenwood transceivers do not support inhibit, the
amplifier must be disabled when tuning.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV

delivered to hb9...@thezollingers.org