You live IN the perfect location.

Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: "Edward R Cole" <kl...@acsalaska.net>
Sent: ‎25/‎09/‎2015 6:21 PM
To: "Elecraft@mailman.qth.net" <Elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Price Increase Alert for mid October

Yep!

I lived in CA for ten years; LA and the Mojave (been there done
that).  Some feel that way about Alaska.  Summer temps never over
80F, and never water the lawn (nature does that well
enough).  Everything is green all summer long (leaves now are turning
gold as we are into fall and getting morning frosts).

And who can beat a state where they send you an annual check for
$2072 just for living there?  Oct. 1st both my wife and I get one (if
we had kids they would each get one).  No property tax on over 65; no
state sales tax, no state income tax, and no covenants and
restrictions on towers and antennas.  Fresh air everywhere!  And you
can even ski out your front door in winter (no commuting to the
mountains).  But the mosquitos are pretty big.

But I have been to Watsonville to their air show and its nice country
(Santa Cruz nearby is also nice).  But you can keep LA and SF.  My
favorite part of CA was the Sierra's above 9,000 feet.

PS: also glad I purchased my SYNTH boards and KPF3 kit for my K3 this week!

73, Ed - KL7UW