ATTENTION: Eric

Elecraft has for several years been saying they were going to rewrite the
horrible KRC2 Utility Program that allows programming of the KRC2. And so
far they have failed to do so. Way back when about 4 years ago I did
manage ONCE to get the KRC2 Utility program to work and programmed
my KRC2. Yes today I would love to reprogram it to allow connection to a
SIX meter antenna. However as you say the program won't work. I tried on
Computer running XP and one running Windows7 both with direct real Serial
Port connection to the KRC2. No Luck for me.

Eric many of us K3 users are using the KRC2 for band decoder to antenna
switching it sure would be nice if we could program the KRC2 easily to do
what we want.

Thanks
John k9uwa

> I purchased a used KRC2 band decoder.   Going through the tests in the
> manual, it works with the buttons on the KRC2, but I can not get the
> unit to communicate with my computer.  I downloaded the software from
> Elecraft, using Windows 7 or 10 and real serial ports (not usb-serial).
> What am I doing wrong? or is the unit bad?  I have not hooked  up the
> auxbuss to the K3 yet, wanted to make sure the bandmap and serial port
> work first.
>
> Gordon -- N1MGO

John Goller, K9UWA & Jean Goller, N9PXF
Antique Radio Restorations