David,

You could leave the physical connections as they are now and simply change
the menu to INP Hand.  If your current diodes are Shottky type, there will
be no further benefit to changing them - I only mentioned the 1N5711 as one
example type.

It has been noted that the diodes work well when using a connection from a
computer or other device to key the K2,  but it occasionally fails when
using a hand key - I attribute that to the contact bounce part of the
problem.

73,
Don W3FPR