but what about the ACC connector when I'm using the KPA500 and KAT500
???

You will want one of the Elecraft DB15HD "Y" cables to enable FSK and
PTT(2).

I suspect one of those tiny transformers is bad. so will have to
engage Elecraft to get a spare K3IO board (maybe a K3IOA..)

Check the RF Chokes in series with the Line In and Line Out jacks.
I've seen them go bad on the Line In several times.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV