Oh I agree on that too. The typical JT-65 or JT-9 QSO takes a long time like 5 to 7 minutes or more under good conditions. But the software / mode will dig signals out of the noise one can't hear by ear.

I do encourage one to get their CAT interface working correctly with the software. Makes life so much easier.

73
Bob, K4TAX