The K3 is the perfect rig for everyone. Why do I say everyone? Simple, there are so many menu choices/settings that can be made - that the rig becomes customized to each individual. In other words, the K3 offers so much user versatility that it amounts to thousands of individual K3 rigs that are all different. I doubt if there are too many out there that are identical.

The K3 is a tinkering ham's dream. So many changes can be made - none with a soldering iron or tuning wand in hand.

Saving settings to computer files is a great idea, however, I have found nothing that beats keeping good notes. That way you will not reinvent the wheel some day down the road. Good notes will also rescue you from the fire of "something went wrong."

Bill W2BLC K3-Line