For those with 'Crackling in Headphones', I have to ask if you are running with AGC off? If so, the limiter can be kicking in and cause such crackling. Better than running with AGC off, just leave the AGC on and if you reduce the RF gain to counter strong signals, the AGC action will be reduced. I know old habits die hard, but the K3 is not the same as my old NC-100 receiver and needs to be operated differently.

73,
Don W3FPR