Do you get the crackling through the speaker or just with headphones?
N2TK, Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Guy
Olinger K2AV
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 2:54 PM
To: Jim Bolit <jbol...@outlook.com>
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [Bulk] Re Elecraft] Crackling in Headphones

"The crackling noises I hear in three different headsets occur with no
antenna connected. It does not occur all the time."

As you describe it, this does not sound normal, nor is it a common trouble.
The popping most refer to usually occurs with AGC off and noise spikes with
NB off. Yours sounds like a poor connection somewhere.

You need to call Elecraft technical support with your problem. This is far
more likely to be something mechanical in the radio that needs repair under
warranty.

73, Guy K2AV

www.w3fpr.com<http://www.w3fpr.com>).

delivered to tony....@verizon.net