Right after the CW SS I composed a message for the list, then trashed it after
sleeping on it which I always do before posting. Now that the issue has come up
on its own I wish to make an observation.

During the contest I heard many stations with shortened dits. They sounded
pretty bad and I reckon they weren't listening to themselves else they'd have
done something about it.

Presuming that some of these signals were coming out of K3's [because some of
these were well-known contesters] I actually got nervous and checked my own
signal which, like Tom's, is generated by N1MM+ keying the K3 through DTR, but
was relieved to find that my dits were okay.

So there's something going on out there, and I don't know what it is, but what
I do know is that keying through the USB-to-Serial is proven to work well as
Tom has verified. He should know; he is a very QRQ CW op.

Al W6LX