Been reading all this with interest. I got my K3, fully loaded, about 2 weeks before the K3S announcement. Luckily I got the new Synth board in mine, but I still sort of felt like a new car buyer, buying a new 2015 model a week before the 2016s hit the showroom floor.

Ronnie W5SUM
-----Original Message----- From: Oliver Dröse
Sent: Saturday, December 19, 2015 4:25 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KIO3B pricing

Eric,

interestingly I didn't get your mail yet, neither the direct one nor
that via the reflector although Chas already responded to it. Who knows
... so will pick his one to answer. Thanks for the explaination. The
insight is much appreciated although not what I wanted to hear. ;-) Will
make up my mind again during Christmas ... maybe Santa will be generous.
;-) Otherwise as said before I can live with the "old" one plus external
USB card ... as I do with the old synth boards ...

73, Olli

Contest, DX & radio projects: http://www.dh8bqa.de