I certainly understand the concern though. Personally, I have replaced
UHF connectors with N connectors where I can, use nothing worse than
RG214 or LMR400 for interconnects at my station, and have the
interconnects as short as possible. I built many cables with exactly
the connectors and lengths needed so I avoid adapters. Everything
helps.

For field day I have a piece of 1 1/4 Heliax with N connectors to go
from inside the tent to the balun outside the tent, but I admit that
is just overdoing it!

73,

Mark
W7MLG