Hi Ed.

The W1 DC voltage calibration resulted with incorrect reading with my
W1. My hunch is that components have changed since Elecraft established
the TP1 DC calibration voltage almost a decade ago.

I have a KX3F with unchanged factory power calibration. Based on
comments from Wayne, the KX3 is calibrated at 7.0 watts.

My W1 TP1 voltage is 4.812 using a Fluke 87V

Setting up a test bench with KX3 -> W1 -> DL1

Using W1 Utility to display W1 power:
http://www.elecraft.com/software/W1/elecraft_w1_software.htm

TP1 V = 4.812
KX3 power = 7.0 W
W1 power = 7.02
DL1 V = 12.91 = 6.93 watts

The W1 20 dB directional coupler does absorb power, at 7 watts, the
directional coupler will absorb 0.07 watts. Adding 0.07 to the DL1
measurements equals 7.00 watts.

John KN5L