Seems to massive overkill if you're only casually needing ESD once in a while.
If you're going to go all the way then you need a temp/humidity controlled
clean room with full ESD. For 99% of us a matt/strap setup and basic precaution
is more than sufficient. It all comes down to risk management.
Anyway,  to each their own.