Ideally, the guys at Elecraft will make it so we don't need a P3 to do this.

On 1/25/2016 3:51 PM, Dave Cole wrote:
I just heard from Genovation-- the 24 Key software for the CP24 pad is
finished, and I will be testing it shortly.  As soon as it is tested,
it will be available for download.

That will put both the CP48, and the CP24 Genovation keypads as being
able to send macros to the K3, via the P3, and soon the P3 as well,
thanks to a change Elecraft is going to put in place next release..

With Elecraft adding the abilty to trigger P3 macros in the next
release of software having a single button macro which can create a
split +5 KHz, move VFO A to the left side of the P3 screen, and set the
SPAN width to match the split width, are possible...

Can't wait for the release of the new P3 software...