In California, at least, consumers are converting from incandescents and CFLs
to LEDs so quickly that planned new power plants will be unnecessary. This is a
Good Thing. Home Depot has massive displays of LED bulbs, which are now down to
around $3 per (in the FunSize 3-pack). IKEA is even cheaper.

I think everything in our house is now LED except for some candelabra-size 25-W
bulbs in the dining room. My wife doesn't like the look of the LED replacements
in this category, but eventually they, too will go. Then our electricity
consumption due to lighting will be down by 84% for the entire house.

Edison would have been amazed to put his hand on a cool 10-W LED bulb that's
putting our just as much light as a hot 60-W incandescent. Or maybe he would
have been jealous.

Wayne
N6KR