I've seen it written that it helps to offset the IF slightly, although to
be honest I have never myself got the APF to work to my satisfaction.
Oddly, and I communicated with Wayne about this at the time, the first beta
(I think) implementation of it was stunning, but a later release lost it
for me.  Wayne told me there had been no change in code, but I have never
understood that.  With my XYL away in London for the weekend, I might
devote some more time to it :-)

73 Stephen G4SJP