Stephen is correct.

Several of us lobbied for an APF feature shortly after the K3 debuted in 2007, drawing on our experiences with the FT-1000D. There /were/ two firmware versions that Wayne developed, and the consensus among some of us was that the first one was better than the second. As I recall, the second version cleaned up some artifacts and unintended consequences, but, we felt, at the cost of diminished "peaking." Wayne was adamant that the APF part of the code was not touched. We eventually chalked up the difference between the two versions to subjectivity among the testers and left it at that.

Barry, by the way, is also correct in saying there were two versions of the APF circuit in the FT-1000D over the years. It has been the consensus of owners that the earlier version was superior to the later version.

The APF in both the K3 and KX3 is excellent, in my opinion.

73,

Kent  K9ZTV
K3/KX3  s.n. 21