From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Ian
White
Sent: Friday, February 5, 2016 2:24 AM
To: 'Wes (N7WS)'; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Balun suggestions

Wes's point is that twin feeder is not automatically "balanced" - very far
from it! Twin feeder happily supports both differential (equal and opposite,
balanced) currents and common-mode current at the same time.

So, in the real world, there is no such thing as "balanced" feedline unless
YOU actually DID something to FORCE it to be balanced. And the way to do
that is to insert a common-mode choke that enforces equal-and-opposite
currents at that particular location... though even then, it can do nothing
to prevent the regrowth of common-mode current elsewhere along the line.

73 from Ian GM3SEK