One point to consider if running the antenna wire through a pulley. It will work back and forth in the wind and as trees move. The constant flexing will take its toll on the wire. A stranded wire with insulation I have found preferred and lives longer. Also, use large diameter pulleys to keep the bending to a minimum. With a fixed terminating point and three pulleys, forming somewhat of a square, only one counter weight is required at one corner to keep the wire tight.

And yes, feed it with a balanced line of your choice. Do bring it all the way into the house, thus avoiding any coax runs to the balun or matching network. On QRZ.COM, you can see my balanced line section from the tuner, running up the wall, through the ceiling, to the attic and to the outside. Lightning protection is on the outside before the line enters the house.

73
Bob, K4TAX
K3S, s/n 10163