On Wed,2/10/2016 10:37 AM, Nels Nelsen wrote:
multistrand copper coated steel is longer lasting.

Not in my experience -- my neighbor hung a dipole strung with copperweld (what you're describing, I think) in some trees with tension on it and with pulleys and weights to deal with tree sway. It was on the ground a day or two later -- the stuff was quite brittle, and simply broke.

I really hate copperweld, and would never consider using it.

Just remember this when you start trouble shooting strange swr in a couple of
years. Copper breaks so easy.Go to the Wireman.com for some good wire.

The wireman is a decent vendor, but I buy my antenna wire from big box stores.

73, Jim K9YC