John,

One must be careful not to zap the diode in the RF Probe - so measuring
directly across the dummy load is good only up to 20 watts or so.  A 'scope
with a proper probe will handle the full 100 watts of the KPA100 easily.
Builders may not have a known good 'scope, and the RF Probe method must be
used with some intelligence - many folks do not know the accuracy of their
dummy load at the frequency of operation - and both the 'scope and RF Probe
methods are highly dependent on knowing the accuracy of the dummy load - it
must be entirely resistive for accurate results.

Yes, I feel that my 'scope and 1% 50 ohm dummy load (checked for both R and
X on several antenna analyzers) will provide better than 5% accuracy for any
wattmeter that I calibrate by that method.  Of course, I can do a more
accurate job at 30 watts or lower because I can read the voltage differences
on my 'scope face with greater precision (the 10 volts per division scale)
and at higher power, I end up at the 20 or 50 volts per division scale and
the interpolation becomes more coarse.

73,
Don W3FPR