When I have the K2 set for the 10 Hz tuning it sounds pretty smooth to me, but if I have it set for the 50 Hz tuning (as I usually do) I can very clearly hear the steps as I tune up or down past a CW signal.

I've also heard that on my K1; with very narrow signals and while tuning very, very slowly, you can sort of hear the wiper moving. The tone steps up or down. I know they're totally different rigs and tuning methods, but the resultant sound can be similar.

73 de Stephanie
va3uxb
K2#5311 - K1#2132