Thanks for the many comments. The 6 foot length was my real concern. If the K2 can live with the .14 volt drop then all is well.

73,

Steve
AA4AK
K2 # 5383   (almost in hand)

At 05:24 PM 2/23/2006, Vic Rosenthal wrote:
Stephen W. Kercel wrote:
Elecrafters:
I have a prefabricated (West Mountain) power lead made of zip cord consisting of No 10 stranded cables. It is 6 feet long and has factory installed Anderson power poles on one end and factory installed 1/4 inch ring connectors on the other.
Is this cable heavy enough to connect my power supply to a K2/100?

Yes.  6 feet of no. 10 should have a resistance of 0.007 ohms, so at 20
amps the voltage drop will be 0.14 volt.  As far as heat dissipation,
no. 10 is spec'd for use in cables at up to 33 amps.
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco