-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ian Stirling
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 1:46 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K2 v. K1

On Thursday 23 February 2006 16:24, Stephanie Maks wrote:
> When I have the K2 set for the 10 Hz tuning it sounds pretty smooth
> to me, but if I have it set for the 50 Hz tuning (as I usually do) I
> can very clearly hear the steps as I tune up or down past a CW signal.

  My K2 sounds continuous at 10 Hz only when tuning quickly.
I can hear the steps easily on moving the knob slightly to
a frequency 10 Hz higher or lower.  10 Hz with a BFO frequency of 600 Hz
isn't as wide as a semitone, but it's an obvious step to me.

Ian, G4ICV, AB2GR, K2 #4962
--
_