My two cents:

Never cared much for audio quality of the internal K3 speaker. I use a very old 8-inch round National Radio speaker (probably 4-ohm as was most of the 1950 era stuff).

But when I need to dig out a signal from the noise I use my trusty SONY MDR-V600 headset (definitely used for CW).

I'm looking forward to when I next purchase hearing aids and will get blue-tooth capability to directly listen to the radio without use of speaker/headset...probably a couple years away on that.

My KX3 uses West Mountain Radio COMspkr's

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
    "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: