Well... that may solve the audio problems - Kenwoods do sound great - but
then you end up with everything else in the rig inferior with that solution
hi hi....

But seriously, Eric's suggestion of shifting the passband downward is one
that I've used on my K3 in the past to help calm down my beat up ears, and
it does work. The result still isn't as nice as my K2, but it helps.

As for the general question of if-it-wasn't-broke-why-was-it-fixed, I'd say
that just the normal progression of improving your product. That's what
makes Elecraft such a good concern and their products so good; even tho they
got to the top of the performance heap, they're still working to make their
rigs better. My complaints about the audio notwithstanding, they still did
make it better in the K3S regardless.

That's what really differentiates Elecraft from their competitors, IMHO....

73,
LS
W5QD

David and Dianne on Comcast wrote