Confused I am.

So....if SSB audio was not an issue on the K3, then why did Elecraft seek to improve it with the K3S initially touting it as one of the featured benefits of their next generation K3?

This SSB audio debate as been an acknowledged issue for many users for a long time...on this list and elsewhere. I notice that the December 2015 revision of the K3S FAQ's now state that the revised DSP board for the existing K3 platform "may be available later in 2016" which is very different that was originally indicated in the FAQ's back last year.

After 7 1/2 years with my K3, using all combinations of filters, settings, RX EQ settings, speakers and headphones, last October I finally found the solution to my K3 RX SSB audio displeasure. It's called a TS-590SG. And it has one-touch-button band stacking registers to boot.

No regrets.

YMMV.

N1LQ-Dave