Thank you Richard! My thoughts exactly! Just pitch your loop up in the air and
USE IT instead of trying to complicate it! My 75m loops is skewed all over the
place, one side is lower than the other, one side sags, oh and one more thing,
I've worked 289 countries with it!!

W5sum

Sent from Ronnie's IPhone

> On Apr 2, 2016, at 20:18, Richard Collier <vetteresto...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> In my opinion, conditions such as soil conductivity , slope, orientation,
> height, obstacles, metal structures, length of feed line etc. vary so much it
> is almost worth just putting it up without getting too deep into modeling. I
> definitely would model it, I modeled mine and then just threw it up thinking
> it may not work a few bands.  But, after trimming it to 3.515 (my magic
> number, at my location), the K3 tuner can tune it everywhere except 160
> meters.  Mine is a irregular triangle of sorts with the point at 90 to 95
> feet in a pine tree and the bottom horizontal wire at about 50 feet.    It is
> somewhere between horizontal and vertical (the other two tree tie-offs are at
> about 50 feet) and fed about 15' up one side.  I run 120 feet or so (I
> trimmed it a couple of times) of 450 ohm ladder line into a high power 1 to 1
> current balun outside of my shack and a 3' piece of high quality coax to my
> tuner.  This loop beats my 3 element Cushcraft triband at 45' on the high
> bands ab
 out 80% of the time and has exceeded my expectations on 40 and 80.  Keep in
mind it does not have the back or side rejection of the triband beam on the
high bands.