If you're not using Dan's (AC6LA) AutoEZ program as a front end to Eznec, you don't know what you're missing.

On 4/2/2016 12:20 PM, Mel Farrer via Elecraft wrote:
I agree, I use ver 5 also.  Easier to move stuff around.  Once you try
modelling you will find it consumes an incredible amount of your time, but FUN.

Mel, K6KBE

       From: Jim Brown <j...@audiosystemsgroup.com>
  To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
  Sent: Saturday, April 2, 2016 10:44 AM
  Subject: Re: [Elecraft] 80 Meter loop question
On Sat,4/2/2016 6:45 AM, Clay Autery wrote:
Does anyone have any information or a link to information data on an 80 meter
loop's complex impedance and VSWR values across the HF bands?
It's pretty easy to model with NEC, which yields this data in the form a
plot of VSWR vs frequency with data points as closely spaced as you
choose. Move the cursor to each data point and you'll see complex Z.

I've learned a lot from using NEC, not only to design antennas but also
to learn from the results of the model, changing variables, etc.

4NEC2 is free and quite powerful. I use EZNEC 5.0 because I find the UI
easier to relate to, but it costs money. :)

73, Jim K9YC

73, Jim K9YC