From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Bob
Sent: 26 April 2016 18:34
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Sherwood's receiver performance table updated

I think Chris has hit it on the head.  Looking at a high-performance direct
sampling rig vs. a high-performance superhet with digital features is
looking at "definitely different animals".  Exactly the same sort of
problem that comes from a question that begins "if you could have only
one...".

I love my K3, but own a Flex 1500 as well (dipped my toe in to test the
water).  I could happily live with only the K3.  However, I haven't jumped
into the different world of the Flex 6700.  I suspect if I did, I wouldn't
want to part with either of them.  They are different tools -- each excels
in certain situations.

The key thing that strikes me as a real advantage of Elecraft is how well
an old K3 performs when upgraded. You can't do that to a Flex
1500/3000/5000.  Elecraft is the only company that consistently looks after
their customer base by providing continuous improvements.

73, Bob, WB4SON

Message delivered to turnb...@net1.ie