Here is a YouTube video of a K3 with a touch screen monitor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6usy-0257NQ

Dick, n0ce

On 4/26/2016 4:16 PM, John Kramer wrote:
Phil, in reality having a touch screen is not all that bad as you make out. You
really need
to try it. An advantage is that it reduces the clutter on the front panel of a
rig, by assigning
knobs/buttons to the display screen. The one used in the IC-7300 is really good
- sensitive
to the touch, but not quite as sensitive as some smartphones. The display of
the 7300 is
a major leap forward from older generation 7600, 7700 rigs. Very clear and
responsive.
And smear marks on the screen ? absolutely not - I have had my 7300 for 2 weeks
now,
and have not yet had the need to clean the display - the display is not that
glossy mirror
finish like smart phones have. Besides…I prod my touch phone FAR more than I
touch the
screen of my 7300, and I have no problem with finger marks on my phone….maybe
once a
month I might clean my phone with a lint cloth…no big deal. Perhaps I might
clean my 7300
display once every 3 months at this rate…no biggie

73
John