Ron,

Mike's question was "Will the Begali "Adventure" paddles fit the KX2 as well as the KX3?"

Is your answer for the Adventure or for the KXPD3? My take is that it's safe to assume that the Adventure screws might be even longer than the longest one on the KXPD3 -- lacking an input from Begali.

73, Phil W7OX

On 5/19/16 8:02 PM, Ron D'Eau Claire wrote:
Engineering tells me they clear, even with the long tip, but the long one is
only a few mil away from an inductor, so a good tightening could end up
hitting the inductor and damaging the main board.

You can order a second short screw to replace the longer one with. That also
eliminates any issues with having the screws in the right locations on the
KX3 too. Order E700245.

An alert is scheduled to be shipped with every KX2 warning about this issue.

In the meantime, the KXPD3 paddles work just fine leaving the long thumb
screw loose. At least they do for me!

73, Ron AC7AC

-----Original Message-----
From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Phil
Wheeler
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2016 5:30 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Announcing the KX2 80-10 m, SSB/CW/Data transceiver

Mike,

  From the KX2 FAQ
http://www.elecraft.com/manual/KX2%20FAQ%20v-1-1a.pdf

    "Q:
Can I use a KXPD3 with the KX2?
A:
Yes; however, you may need to update the KXPD3. If your KXPD3 has one thumb
screw that's longer than the other, order part no. E700425 to replace the
original left-hand thumb screw on the KXPD3. Use of the original longer
thumb screw would damage the KX2."

So it appears the Adventure mount will fit, but that we may need to shorten
the screws a bit.  Not sure what "a bit" is!

73, Phil W7OX

Will the Begali "Adventure" paddles fit the KX2 as well as the KX3?
Mike KD8RQE