Hi Gary,

Firmware 5.33 was the improvement for this. See below in my message. (posted
earlier this morning). If you have Unsafe mode toggled these settings will not
default back to OFF-OFF.

Even in the Safe mode, I have noticed the rig needs to have been powered down
for more than a few seconds/minutes to reset to OFF-OFF. A test I ran this
morning was to turn off rig "first" then power supply off and kept off for 5
minutes each, SAFE MODE and UNSAFE MODE, powered up the supply first then the
K3S, and found in SAFE MODE the PTT-KEY had reset to OFF-OFF, but not in UNSAFE
MODE.

"* PTT/KEY USE WITH THE USB PORT IMPROVED: PC applications can activate PTT and
KEY at the K3S via the USB port's RTS/DTR signals. However, initial setup of
the rig's USB port by the PC may cause pulsed or continuous activation of the
transmitter. This can happen if the computer is turned on after the K3S, or if
the USB cable is not connected. There is now a "Safe" mode (the default) which
disables PTT-KEY transmit until the K3S receives a command via USB, such as a
read of the rig's VFO frequency. To turn on safe mode on/off, go into
CONFIG:PTT-KEY and tap '1' to select "USB SAFE" or "UNSAFE". Exit the menu and
turn the K3S off/on. Applications that use PTT-KEY via USB but never send
commands may require "UNSAFE" mode. In this case, unwanted transmit can be
avoided by turning the PC on before the K3S."

73 Gene, N9TF

K3S 10057