Joe,

The KX3, KX2, and K3/K3S should have virtually the same keying bandwidth. They
all use the same raised-cosine keying envelope shape, and this is by far the
dominant factor unless the transmit final amplifier is being overdriven.

We looked at this in independent reviews and our in-house plots. The keying BW
looks pretty much the same on all three rigs. The 100 W K3 may be a tiny bit
better, but there's nowhere near "twice" the difference.

The K3S (or K3 with KSYN3A upgrade) does have the edge in composite, wide-band
transmit phase noise. RMDR for the K3S (or K3+KSYNA) is roughly the same.

Wayne