I use the aux out on my SignaLink USB to go to my powered speakers. I
can hear simultaneously what I'm decoding using the built in sound
card. I found this is the easiest to do and requires nothing other
than invoking the digital software I use, no cable changes.

Yes, you can use a "splitter" and amplified speakers to connect both
the sound card and headphones while maintaining separate audio levels
but that should not be necessary.

Similarly, one can connect the microphone to the computer (sound card)
and use the sound card's mute/select switches and analog monitor (if
available) to switch between mic and line sources but again it should
not be necessary.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV