From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Edward
R Cole
Sent: Sunday, June 5, 2016 12:23
To: Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] : logging/k3s control program

Barely dare ask, but is there a logging program suited for VHF logging?  My
logs are simply excel spreadsheets and cover:
No. MO/DY/YR TIME CALLSIGN GRID LOCATION DXCC WAS FREQ MODE QSL-RX QSL-SENT
Last two columns track QSLs received "X" or sent "MO/DA/YR"

Especially would be nice to determine with callsign entry if I had worked
the station, previously.  MY log is an initial contact log and I do not
enter repeat contacts.  Present use is all manual entry and search.  Grid is
six digit locator. e.g. on 2m-eme I have 438 initial contacts (distinct
callsigns).

So far I run contests on paper with pencil.  Eme and VHF contests normally
are not so fast and furious as on HF.
But a log that saves frequency, mode and date info while one enters time and
call would be nice on contests, especially if it would detect a dupe.  Be
most handy tallying score and entering contest log.  Cabrillo conversion
would be nice for contests.

I keep separate logs by band (only logging 6m+ contacts)

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
     "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: