I'm late jumping into this discussion, but want to add my two cents' worth.
In the interest of full disclosure, I'm a beta tester and evangelist for Ham
Radio Deluxe, but have no financial interest.

HRD provides all the functionality everyone has mentioned on this list
(including the info Ed asked for below, for V/UHF logging). In addition to
rig control, logging (which provides at-a-glance worked/confirmed info in
the cluster window), and digi modes, HRD also provides satellite tracking
and rotor control, all in one suite of tools. Awards tracking is superb.
And, HRD allows the use of MariaDB (a variant of MySQL) as the log database,
instead of just using Access (Access is the default data store, but it can
be converted very easily, following the video on HRD's YouTube channel). One
new feature that HRD has that I haven't heard about in any other logger is
the ability to take input from N1MM Logger+ directly as it is being input
into the contest logger. There are a couple of configuration items in HRD to
set, and the HRD logger must be running in the background during the
contest. This eliminates the step of exporting the contest log to an ADIF
and then importing it into HRD. I admit my bias, but feel HRD is well worth
the license fee and is among the best all-in-one suites available.

Thanks and 73,

--Ian
Ian Kahn, KM4IK
Roswell, GA  EM74ua
km4ik....@gmail.com
10-10 #74624, North Georgia Chapter #2038
PODXS 070 #1962
K3# 281, P3 #688, KAT500 #860, KPA500 #1468