This is a reply from Mike Gruber -- Phoenix is planning 90,000 street and park
lights !!!! - Hank K7HP To Whom It May Concern: This is in response for your
request for public input concerning a conversion to LED street and park
lighting in Phoenix. Although these lighting devices must meet FCC Part 15
limits for unintentional radiators, I’d like to suggest that they be rated for
Part 15B as opposed to Part 15A. The lower Part 15B limits would help minimize
the interference potential to radio reception in automobiles and other nearby
users of the radio spectrum. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have any
questions. Thanks, Mike Gruber, W1MG ARRL EMC Engineer ARRL - The national
association for Amateur Radio™ 225 Main Street, Newington, CT 06 111-1400 USA
Telephone: (860) 594-0392 FAX: (860) 594-0259 Email: w...@arrl.org World Wide
Web: http://www.arrl.org/ ----- Original Message -----