My experience with two [a small sample] of street lamps, both owned by the State of California [CALTRANS], is that the lamps don't really matter much, it's the controllers ... what we used to call ballasts but that's archaic now.

One appeared to be a fairly old high-pressure sodium vapor lamp, and it emitted a steady buzz centered on 6 Mhz and spread from about 3 Mhz to 8 Mhz. It was about 3 km away and ran about S5-S6 on my K3. A similar lamp maybe 4 km distant emitted nothing.

The other was what I believe a low pressure lamp. It's problem was that it was failing ... very, very slowly ... and the controller [or ballast, your choice] would emit sharp spikes in a spectrum that ran from 160 through 17 m as it continually tried to restart the lamp.

After multiple contacts to my state government, I gave up and we finally moved [not because of that :-)]. The failing one has not yet died, saw it last time through Auburn ... it does this day and night.

You might want to point your Association to 47CFR15, and their responsibility to prevent interference to licensed services. They might care about that, CALTRANS never did.

73,

Fred K6DGW
Sparks NV
Washoe County DM09dn