On Mon, 2016-06-20 at 00:38 -0500, Clay Autery wrote:
> That's what I figured... Now to locate which one of the 50+ that are
> present in this house alone...
>
> They actually appear all the way down into the 14MHz range...  Always
> there.  Tonight they were relatively stable in location... drifting
> slowly, and even changed directions once.  At other times, the
> cyclical migration up or down the band is faster and sometimes random,
> switching directions repetitively and without discernible (to me)
> pattern.

Sometimes you can "get a feeling", where they are located by watching
the timing...  Do they drift in the morning, and after sunset, if so,
the SMPS might be outside, on in a non temperature controlled area, if
not it might be inside...

Do they happen at set intervals?  Time to do the power off test to your
home and see if they go away...  If you are lucky they will...

If they do, bring the house up one breaker at a time, looking for the
RFI to start...  If not, then set up S-Meter Lite, look for patterns,
then after a week or so of recording what is happening, take out a loop
and start looking for it...

--

73's, and thanks,
Dave (NK7Z)