Marc and Drew,

Appreciate the feedback... Checking my PS is my first test.  Will power
off all circuits except the one to my shack that runs the AC to the PS.
Then I'll A/B with radio on battery and on the PS.  (PS
air-gapped/unplugged when on batt).
If it is the PS, I'll try to choke the I/O power leads first before
doing anything else.

I've a strong feeling it is NOT the SS-30DV...  My antenna is an 80m
loop outside at 38-40 feet.  Fed with 300 ladder to the 6:1 balun.  Only
15-20 feet of coax total (LMR240-DB with N-Connectors) direct from balun
to radio.

Before I do anything beyond IDing culprits, I have to address other
shortcomings first:  1) Insufficient service ground, 2) no shack ground,
3) no bond from non-existent shack ground to service ground.  :(
Knew I should have done those things BEFORE I went OTA...  the mic/K3 is
a huge distraction from my TO DO list.  ;)

73,

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389