Re-seat the cables to the the PX3?

Phil W7OX

On 6/23/16 7:58 AM, Sanger, Joseph wrote:
I have developed a new problem with my PX3, which has been quietly sitting in a
case for the past 6 months.

Whenever I tune across the display, there is a slowly rising spike at the base
frequency (for instance, in USB mode this spike adheres to the left hand edge
of the bandpass indicator on PX3 screeen), takes about 2-3 seconds or so to
increase in intensity, and then dwarfs any of the signals on the band.  This
spike tracks across as I tune; it is there whether or not the antenna is
connected.  I can tune to stations and hear them fine, but the display is
barely usable because of this very tall spike that won't go away.  I reseated
my cables connecting the PX3 to KX3, with no change in behavior.  I have no
other cables here to swap them out, and am kind of stuck

I have updated b both KX3 and PX3 to latest firmware, with no change in
behavior.

Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated.

--Joe
--WB2SSB