On Tue,6/28/2016 6:10 AM, David Olean wrote:
FB on the six meter QSOs. You really need a dedicated antenna for six to really enjoy the band. long wires work, but you need something better if you start to get serious.

Yes, BUT -- before I had a 6M antenna at my new QTH in W6, I had a pair of 80/40 fan dipoles up about 120 ft, fed with RG11. When 6M opened, I used them, switching between them on RX to see which heard the DX better and called on that antenna. With 100W, I made at least a dozen double-hop CW QSOs split between KH6 and W1/2/3/4, as well as a lot of single-hop Qs.

My 3-3el SteppIR with the added fixed element works better. :)

73, Jim K9YC