Leroy,

I believe the "change" you request is already available, it just takes some understanding of the difference between Diversity mode and the subRX in non-diversity.

When the K3/K3S is in diversity mode, the operation is just like a single receiver - both the main and subRX work from VFO A, except that you hear the subRX in one ear and the main in the other. If you have antennas that are compatible with diversity receive (such as one vertical one the other horizontally polarized), then you will have full diversity when you select the AUX antenna for the subRX.

So, when you select DIV, both receivers will be listening to the same frequency - that is already the norm.

Much of what you request can be answered by a study of the antenna configuration diagrams in the manual. I believe what you want to achieve is already present.

If instead you meant "operating frequency" to mean your transmit frequency in split mode, then you do not want diversity receive, you want the SUB turned on in normal mode. The subRX will listen to the frequency on VFO B (monitoring the pileup in most cases). When you go to SPLIT, the subRX will listen to your proposed transmit frequency on VFO B the main RX will listen to the DX on VFO A.

With the subRX installed, you have an option of not going into split at all, set VFO B to the DX station, and tune the pileup with VFO A. Transmit will be on the VFO A frequency (without SPLIT).

I hope this clarifies the situation for you.

73,
Don W3FPR