All,

After competing somewhat competitively in the Georgia QSO Party the last few
years, and participating as one of the hunted 13 Colonies special event
stations in Georgia for the last couple of years, I find myself ready to add
a voice keyer to my shack set up. To that end, and in order to minimize desk
clutter, I'm looking at the KDVR3 for my K3 s/n 281 as a possible solution.
However, I've heard anecdotal evidence from hams in my area who have the
KDVR3 that it probably isn't the best solution for a voice keyer because it
has long (>1 sec) delays before both beginning transmission of the recorded
message and dropping transmit at the end of the message. Before I drop $150
on a component that might not be the solution I'm looking for, I would love
to get others' opinions and feedback on their experiences using the KDVR3 as
a voice keyer.

Thanks and 73,

--Ian

Ian Kahn, KM4IK
Roswell, GA  EM74ua
km4ik....@gmail.com <mailto:km4ik....@gmail.com>

10-10 #74624, North Georgia Chapter #2038

PODXS 070 #1962
K3# 281, P3 #688, KAT500 #860, KPA500 #1468

---