From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of
charlie carroll
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 8:03 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net; km4ik....@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] [K3] Looking for feedback on K3DVR

Ian:
I agree with the observations about the delay times when using the KDVR3.
If you're a S&P, 1 QSO/hr kind of operator, then it's probably not a big
deal.  At 200+ Qs/hr, the delays are noticeable (and aggravating). On March
11th of this year, I sent a feature request to the reflector asking for some
method to get around these delays.
Unfortunately, I never heard any response from Elecraft.

You can reduce the initiate delay by being "fast on the buttons," but, as I
found, it's not something I want to do during a contest.

The KDVR3 is nice that it's integrated into the K3 so that another box and
cables don't have to be thrown into my bag when traveling.

73 charlie, k1xx/vp2mmf

delivered to w...@aol.com