> On 26 Jul 2016, at 06:01, ROBERT HEATH <rehe...@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
> I think the above information covers all the bases. Your question 2 doesn't
> mean anything to me because I don't believe any modern transceiver will send
> CW while set for either SSB mode.

Bob, the K3 and KX3 ( and possibly others) have this feature and that is what
the OP was asking about. See SSB + CW. It is hidden away under the CW WGHT menu.

It is a -fantastically- useful feature especially on VHF bands where often CW
can be used to help complete a contact that started on SSB and QSB made copy
difficult. Just hit the paddles while still in SSB mode and send CW without
having to think about changing to CW mode first and whether you need to alter
VFO etc. The other station who has you tuned in on SSB will hear the CW in his
receiver at approximately your chosen sidetone frequency.

What can't all manufacturers have this ? - It is so blindingly obvious that if
I use my key that I want to send CW and if I press my microphone PTT that I
want to speak on SSB. Others make you have to press mode buttons just so I can
quickly send a R or K on the key while in an SSB QSO. Well done Elecraft!

73 David GM4JJJ