Don (and others who answered):

Thanks.  I was guessing that the answer to the second question (CW mode TX  —>
SSB RX) was as you said but entirely confident.

So, given what you are saying on sending CW while in SSB mode, the K3 does the
following things:

1.  Allows CW to be sent in SSB mode (enabled or disabled).
2.  Shifts the actual TX frequency by side-tone monitor frequency per LSB/USB
direction.

Therefore, given that the RX station is receiving at the same dial VFO
frequency reading, they will
hear a tone roughly equivalent to the tone determined by my side-tone
frequency.  Of course,
assuming they are the same LSB or USB as I am.

As someone else said — “why don’t all transceiver vendors do the same and
support this feature”.

73, phil, K7PEH