Ted,

The answer is if you want to go to some bit of trouble, yes you can use the KAT100 in the EC2 enclosure. If you want to do it only once in a while, then you can, but if you think you will do it frequently, you will want another KAT100.

You will have to electrically disconnect the KPA100 in the EC2. You can disconnect it by removing the right side panel and unplugging the ribbon cable, the power cable and the input coax. Disconnect the short PL-259 to PL259 coax from the KAT100 RF IN jack and connect a longer cable from your new K2/100 to this RF IN jack.

You will have to power the KAT100 from the 2.1mm coaxial jack.

You will need to have a control cable from the K2/100 AUX IO to the DE-9 connector on the KAT100. (if you are using this connector in your current configuration, plug it into the KPA100 - the one in the EC2 enclosure - AUX IO connector instead, it can stay there).

You will need to build a 2nd control cable as shown in the KAT100 manual (it can have the cable to the computer too, but that is not required).

If desired, put the right side panel back on the EC2 enclosure, although it will operate just fine with it off.

When you are finished using the KAT100 with your new K2/100, restore the internal cables between the KPA100 and KAT100 and re-do your external cables.

With the KPA100 on the base K2 enclosure, you will not need the KIO2 - in fact, there will be no place to put it.

73,
Don W3FPR